Thursday, June 17, 2010

After Inventory

As I listen to the Graduation Rehearsal taking place right outside the library, I am cataloging donated materials from our first retiring teacher at East Valley high school. I have about three more boxes of video cassettes and dvds that were used to teach Economics, American History and American government. This is what I get to catch up on, after I complete a full inventory of our library.

Inventory is a long process. We completed the count on the Professional and Reference sections in May, but did not close to regular circulation until June. We had classes signed up every day, sometimes one per period, sometimes more. If I had not had help from my own children after they finished their college semesters, I do not know if we would have made it. But we finished the full inventory and ran a list of the lost or missing copies. Thus, if and when we get our fine and lost money back from district, we will know what materials need replacing. ;)

As the school year winds down, early, we try to prepare for next year by prepping all new materials and getting our hands on any available categorical funds to buy new requests for our teachers and students. We may be able to get about $10,000 of new books, dvds and playaways for next school year! Hallelujah!

No comments: