Monday, November 19, 2007

CSLA Conference

CSLA is the California School Librarian's Association and has a conference in Southern California every two years. The alternate years the conference is held in Sacramento. This year the conference started last Thursday in Ontario. I always overestimate how long it will take me to drive 50 miles on five freeways and end up with time to spare and no where to go. However, the workshop I attended on Thursday afternoon was about how to create or perfect a library website and I am enthused about pushing harder to get EVHS's official website up ASAP and to get a library website up with OPAC and Database links that the staff and students could use from home.
I want our website to be user friendly, simple, logical, and useful. So, I will be trying to get our web coordinator to start building the site and all the necessary pages before East Valley hits it's second birthday. Anyone out here want to help?

2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Welcome to School Library 2.0 -- enjoy the discovery learning journey. We look forward to seeing your avatar and posts.

Best wishes.
- JackieS
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

Library Lady said...

Hi, Mrs. White. I loved what you had to say in your blog. The CSLA conference is my mainstay for professional development. I lhave been ucky enough to go every year for the past ten years.

I felt really good when I read your description of a library website because I think it describes mine.